Hope College is pleased to offer our alumni access to the VanWylen, Music, and Western Seminary Theological Libraries. We know that your needs for Hope libraries may not end when you graduate, so we would like to help support your need to use the Hope College library resources you relied on as a student.
The Alumni Library Card entitles alumni to:
- Use of the materials at Van Wylen Library, the Music Library, and the Western Theological Seminary Beardslee Library.
- Use of the MeL (Michigan Electronic Library) Catalog to obtain material from participating MeL libraries throughout the state.
A library card does NOT entitle alumni to:
- Books circulate for 21 days and may be renewed. Videos, DVDs, and CDs (Hope's collection) circulate for 7 days and may not be renewed.
- Periodicals, journals, and special collections such as Reference materials may not leave the library.
- Photocopies are 10 cents per copy.
Process to receive an Alumni Library Card:
- Off campus access to subscription online databases.
- Use of the library computers. (Guests may use library computers on the 1st floor for library research with the supervision of Reference Desk personnel.)
- Wireless access.
- InterLibrary Loan privileges.
- The alumnus requesting a card must be a current Michigan resident and have a valid government issue ID, which they must present at the time they come in to the library to receive their library card. A request may not be made over the phone or electronically.
- The alumnus will need to explain to the person working at the library desk that they are a Hope alumnus, and then complete an application for a Fee Exempt Library Card.
For more information, please contact the VanWylen Library at 616-395-7790.